SUSSEX-PLUS-L Archives

Archiver > SUSSEX-PLUS > 1997-10 > 0875803342

From: "Roger A. Powell" <>
Subject: New Member-Powell Surname, SRY
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 1997 09:42:22 -0500

My name is Roger Alex Powell, Jr., and I am researching the Powell families
of Southwark; St. Olave, St. Marye Oneryes, and St. Saviour Parishes,
Surrey. I am particularly interested in the family of John Powell, b. 1558,
St. Olave Parish. m. about 1578, wife unknown.

Children:

Captain William Powell, b.1585, St. Olave Parish, d. 1623 Virginia (Military
Captain)
m. Elizabeth Welles, 1589, St. Olave Parish, m. 2nd. Margaret_________.
Daughter Ann Powell, b. 1611, Henrico County, Virginia, m. William Parker,
cheesemonger, London.
Sons: Thomas Powell, Lancaster County, Virginia, m. Jane Catesby; George
Powell, Cuthbert Powell, Lancaster County, Virginia. Possible daughter Alice
Powell, b. Jamestown, Virginia.

Captain Nathaniel Powell, b. England, d. 1622, Virginia (Ship's Captain)

Thomas Powell, b. bef. 1600, Powelltor, Suffolk, d. Isle of Wight County,
Virginia

William Powell,b. St. Marye Oneryes Parish, Southwark

I am new to research in England, and the information above has been
difficult to document and possibly has errors. I would be happy to assist
and to exchange any information that I have developed with other
researchers. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. This Powell family
has been an important part of the history of the Colonies and the New World,
and I am very interested in tracing it through England and Wales.

Thank you in advance for your interest and assistance. Many regards from Texas.

Roger Powell

This thread: