SUSSEX-PLUS-L Archives

Archiver > SUSSEX-PLUS > 2005-04 > 1112827552

From: Mandy Fenyvesi <>
Subject: Re: [SXP] "Rowgehethe"
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 16:45:52 -0600

Here's a longshot, but maybe Bulverhythe? As far as I can tell (and I
live in Canada, so take that for what its worth) it is in the
approximate right area for someone living in Horsham to have been
from.

From the other misspellings, "ow" seems to make the same sound as "au"
in Daughter. "v" and "g" are similar and a parish worker who was
charged with making the entry could have had no idea what "Rycherd"
was saying so just did his phonetic best.

Mandy