SUTTON-L Archives

Archiver > SUTTON > 2000-07 > 0963175378

Subject: [SUTTON] Re: SUTTON-D Digest V00 #183
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 16:42:58 EDT

Hi Craig,
I've been reading your emails to the list about Thomas Coates Sutton.
Like everyone else, I have a theory...LOL.
My line is thru a Jacob Sutton b 1776 in PA and d 1869 in IN. He md
Phoebe ?, she died ca 1830 in IN. We found Jacob born in Harford, MD listing
his father as
Oswin, Ozwin or Oliver. Now I show that there was an Oswin born ca 1712 and
an Ozwin born 1720 and both are listed as brothers to Thomas Coates Sutton.
(Oliver was shown in one place being Jacob's father who was born ca 1720, so
I am thinking Oliver and Ozwin are the same person). Anyway, I show the
following children to be the children of John & Parnella Sutton md ca 1705.
They are (1) John b 1711, (2) Luke b 1708, (3) Elizabeth b 1710, (4) Oswin b
1712, (5) William b 1716, (6) Mary b 1718, (7) OZWIN (my name line) b
1720-21, (8) Thomas Coates b 1720.

I am trying to find what I have on Thomas Coates Sutton children. Will add
that later.

I found in the record of "Early Harford Countians" that Oswin was Security
for Thomas Sutton in Spesutia Lower Hundred in 1774. I am not sure what that
means Security for. Anyone has an idea? Also there is a Thomas Sutton
taxable in Spesutia Lower Hundred in 1774 with Oswin Sutton as his security
again....another showing Thomas Sutton Private in county militia in 1775 and
Private in the Harford Rifles in 1776. This is in Maryland. Hope this
might give someone a lead that will help me also.

Janet ()

This thread: