SUVCW-L Archives

Archiver > SUVCW > 2008-06 > 1212672374

Subject: Re: [SUVCW] giant confederate flag in the news
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2008 09:26:14 -0400

Brother Mike,

In the Fox News piece, did the flag flapper clarify what is meant by the "truth?"

I agree with repeating the position as laid-out in the 119th encampment, but, as the second part of that statement, I wonder if we should "redirect" and place as vague an emphasis as they do on the meaning of the "truth;" emphasizing that the "truth" should be told. In lieu of us laying out the issues of slave states and white supremacy, let them clarify their position, publicly. Then, as I would anticipate (considering their standard rhetoric), we will have a better opportunity to counter on the nuts and bolts of the war... and the flag. Just a thought,

Robert Moore
CC, Luray-Carlisle #1881
PI, Dept. of Md.

Brothers,

The current flag flap presents an opportunity for us. This is national news --
I just listened to the flag flapper on Fox News. He says he wants to start a
dialog and is particularly irritated with the NAACP official position that the
rebel flag is odious.

I think the SUVCW should enter the fray with an official press release. We
could repeat our position on the flag from our 119th Encampment and add that any
dialog should recognize that the secession took place for the sole purpose to
create a slave state based on the principal of white supremacy. Thus the flag
is forever connected with slavery and racism.

Thoughts?

Mike Beard
Fredericksburg