SWAIN-L Archives

Archiver > SWAIN > 2001-02 > 0981755471

From: "Becki Watters" <>
Subject: Re: [SWAIN-L] John Swain
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 13:51:11 -0800

Here is what I have on the descendants of Richard (only showing a couple
generations). Notice that I show seven children for Richard and no son named
Benjamin of Richard's son Jonathon. This is not based on my own research so
I cannot verify that the information is correct.

Descendants of Richard Jr. Swain

Generation No. 1

1. Richard Jr.2 Swain (Richard1) was born January 01, 1660/61 in Hampton,
New Hampshire, and died 1706 in Swaintown, Cape May Co., New Jersey.

Children of Richard Jr. Swain are:

+ 2 i. Johnathan3 Swain, born December 23, 1685 in Nantucket Island,
Massachusetts; died August 31, 1748 in Lockwoods Folly, Brunswick Co., North
Carolina.

3 ii. Ebenezer Swain, died 1756 in Cape May Co., New Jersey.

4 iii. Lemuel Swain, died February 1733/34 in Cape May Co., New Jersey.

5 iv. Zebulum Swain, died 1730 in Cape May Co., New Jersey.

6 v. Judah Swain, died 1734.

7 vi. Reuben Swain, died January 07, 1714/15.

8 vii. Abigail Swain, born February 07, 1683/84.

Generation No. 2

2. Johnathan3 Swain (Richard Jr.2, Richard1) was born December 23, 1685 in
Nantucket Island, Massachusetts, and died August 31, 1748 in Lockwoods
Folly, Brunswick Co., North Carolina. He married Ruth Jacocks in New Jersey.

Children of Johnathan Swain and Ruth Jacocks are:

+ 9 i. Levi4 Swain, born Abt. 1718 in Swaintown, Cape May Co., New Jersey;
died Bet. June 15, 1769 - 1778 in Lockwoods Folly, Brunswick Co., North
Carolina.

10 ii. Johathan Swain, born Abt. 1715; died 1778 in Lockwoods Folly,
Brunswick Co., North Carolina.

11 iii. Arthur Swain.

Generation No. 3

9. Levi4 Swain (Johnathan3, Richard Jr.2, Richard1) was born Abt. 1718 in
Swaintown, Cape May Co., New Jersey, and died Bet. June 15, 1769 - 1778 in
Lockwoods Folly, Brunswick Co., North Carolina. He married Mary (Hewitt?).

Children of Levi Swain and Mary (Hewitt?) are:

12 i. William Levi5 Swain, born Bet. 1755 - 1757 in Brunswick Co., North
Carolina; died October 18, 1808 in Brunswick Co., North Carolina. He married
Charity Hines; born Abt. 1761; died Bet. 1805 - 1816.

13 ii. Mary Swain.

14 iii. James Swain.

15 iv. Joseph Swain.

16 v. John Swain.