SWEDEN-L Archives

Archiver > SWEDEN > 2001-10 > 1003982354

Subject: [Sweden] Swedish Orphanage
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 20:59:14 -0700

Have been intending to pass along this info just in case it might be of
use to someone:

On May 30, 1900 the Swedish Christian Children's Home opened in
Cromwell, Connecticut with room for 35 children. Through google.com I
found it was started through the Swedish Congregational Church of
Cromwell. You can look for a newsletter by the Covenant Church at
www.covchurch.org (again, can get to through google...search for
"Swedish Orphans Home, Cromwell CT"). I had first noticed the existence
of the Orphan's Home while browsing the 1920 Fed. Census for the State
of Connecticut, County of Middlesex - it's Enumeration District #206.

Assume someone will be interested or that little genealogical voice
inside me wouldn't have been nagging at me to pass the info along!
Karlynn

This thread: