SWEDEN-L Archives

Archiver > SWEDEN > 2005-02 > 1107488646

From: "Mark D. Johnson" <>
Subject: Re: [Sweden] DISBYT
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 21:44:10 -0600

Hej Brenda -

DIS is the Computer Genealogy Society of Sweden. DISBYT is a database
of information about Swedes and Swedish emigrants which has been
submitted by DIS members. You can read more about it at
http://www.dis.se/denindex.htm. There is a small annual membership fee
(currently $17). You can search the database without becoming a DIS
member, but you can get more information from the database if you join
and submit a GEDCOM file to them for inclusion in the database. A lot
of researchers have found living relatives in Sweden by contacting other
researchers in the DISBYT database.

Hej då -

Mark Johnson
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

cgaetz wrote:

>Can someone on the list explain what DISBYT is and if it would be of use to me in researching my family from Helgum Parish in Vasternorrland Sweden?

This thread: