SWEDEN-L Archives

Archiver > SWEDEN > 2006-11 > 1164382433

From: D Hanna <>
Subject: [SWEDEN] physical characteristics anthropology
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 07:33:53 -0800 (PST)

Now...I know I'm being silly...but this is my experience. Of course, we are all mixes of our parents looks, personalities, etc...but I have always had an unusual nose...not a big nose, pretty well proportioned and avergae looking, except in profile, it has an arch, up beyond the middle...a bit...toward the forehead...a definite arch. It's not unattractive, just a bit different...My dad had this nose...I never knew my Swedish grandfather...and I do not have a profile of him...and my son developed this arch, in his teens years, evern though he has "the Stocking chin", etc...you know how parents are....
I always wondered if I inherited this arched nose from my Swedish grandfather or Swedish great grandparents. On TV, the other day, I noticed that Ingmar Bergman had the same,this arch, on the top of his nose...it looked like my dad's nose....
Now...is there any history of this characteristic in Sweden? IS there a part of Sweden where itmay have originated? Are there stories associated? histories?
I have another Swedish friend...lives in NYC....comes from Stockholm....he too has this , arched nose...
Thanks for any stories...I love knowing where I came from...I know my height and unsually long, thin bones are Swedish.....my mom was certainly not long...she was smaller and not Swedish....
but my nose has intrigues me my entire life....there were no other noses like it in PCNY where I grew up...that's for sure. I am being serous...I view this as a bit of anthropology...which fascinated me....
Deb