SWEDISH-NOBILITY-L Archives

Archiver > SWEDISH-NOBILITY > 2004-05 > 1083792969

From: "raymondanderson" <>
Subject: Re: [SWEDISH-NOBILITY] Hilden/Hildeen/Hildén
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 16:36:09 -0500

Dear Clint Drake -- Information re Swedish nobility is contained in seven
volumes written in Swedish in the late 1920s and early 1930s by Gustaf
Engelstierna. It is entitled
"Svenska Adelns Ättartavlor". I had occasion to look up some information in
these volumes about 5 years ago and found that the books were available for
reference in about a dozen U. S. Libraries at that time.

One of the above mentioned dozen Libraries is in St. Charles, IL. a town in
which I presently live. I made a quick check of the Engelstierna books and
found no mentioin of the name Hilden or anything close to it. I did
however find the names Bogemn and deCarnall but without any of the given
names listed in your email. In case you want to check out the Bogeman and
de Carnall information,I will be happy to send you copies of it via snail
mail. Otherwise, if you are in the U.S., your local library should be able
to tell you where the books are available.

Ray Anderson