SYRIA-L Archives

Archiver > SYRIA > 2008-05 > 1209627363

From: "Lilly Martin" <>
Subject: Re: [SYRIA] Grazi Family
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 10:36:03 +0300

Hello Alan,

The old records of Aleppo, Syria are most likely not easy to access.
Old Ottoman Turkish Empire period records are not maintained.

However, here is what I suggest: there is a Jewish Cemetery in Aleppo which
is extremely well maintained. Someone could go to that cemetery and start
taking notes, and or photos of all graves which correspond to the names you
are looking for.

Additionally, the Synagogue in Aleppo may have some records, or perhaps a
history professor might have some ideas as to who or where to look for
additional information.

Talking with local Jewish families in Aleppo might also shed some light.

This would be my idea as a starting place.

I will reply back to you.
Best regards,
Lilly Martin