Sand-Walt-L Archives

Archiver > Sand-Walt > 1998-02 > 0886994371

From: Don & Shirley Walterhouse <>
Subject: Asa Walterhouse
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 1998 21:19:31 -0600

Jim,
I looked thru my other Walterhouse data base and find that Asa had a son
named Joseph who married Margaret Buck. They had children Joseph Lewis,
George Washington and Hanna Walterhouse Parsons. After Joseph died
Margaret married Silas Carter and there is a Carter history on the Elgin
Co web page.
My first genealogical contact for the Walterhouse family was a lady
named Claire Chalmers Randall Priller who lived in Springfield IL. She
is a descendant of Joseph Lewis and gave me the above information. Sad
to say that I have lost contact with her and tho' I have tried recently
have not been able to re-establish contact. She is the person who first
discovered Nathan Walterhouse of NJ and his 3 sons who went to Canada.
She also is the one who got me interested in A C WAlterhouse as she
quoted from a letter to Joseph Lewis from George Washington in which he
said that "Philip's nephew was editor of the newspaper in South Haven
(MI)". You can read all about A C on my web page but tho' I have found
out a lot about that family I haven't been able to show a definite
connection.
I do have some individual information on William's 9 children if you
don't have it. Let me know.

Shirley

This thread: