Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886335225

From: <>
Subject: Re: Ballygan Upper
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 1998 07:13:45 EST

In a message dated 1/24/98 9:27:28AM, you write:

<<
I was told that it was called Upper Ballygan, and that it was located
about 2 miles NW of Ballymoney between the road to Colrain and the
railroad tracks to Colrain. Would be interested to hear what you
discover. Thanks,

David C. Culbertson

Hi David,
Yes, Ballygan Upper is marked on the map at that spot. However, don't plan to
go there looking for a bustling metropolis! I drove round the area yesterday
and the only settlement is Macfin, which comprises 20-30 houses (the street is
called Railway View). There are some prosperous-looking farms too. I'll go by
there again, as I was in a bit of a rush and could have missed something.

Regards,

David McIlveen-Wright

This thread: