Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886347420

From: Dan Wilson <>
Subject: MINISTERS LIST
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 08:37:00 -0700 (MST)

For those who are interested in Linda's project of "paths of the ministers,"
I now have up on my web site the listing of ministers in the Presbytery
of Coleraine, Co. Derry. The URL is

http://www.public.asu.edu/~atdyw/NI/ministrs.htm

Note that you must use upper case for NI and omit the 'e' in spelling
"ministers."

Also at the same site is some information on bleaching greens and a few
families of the parish of AGHADOWEY, Co. Derry. Families include SMITH,
RANKEN/RANKIN, ORR, McGREGOR. THis is the tree of Rev. James McGregor who
was minister at Aghadowey in 1718, and who led his flock to Boston in 1718.
Also included are the following lists:

Muster Roll of the Ironmongers Estate, ca. 1630
Hearth Money Roll for the Parish of Aghadowey, ca. 1663
Pyke's Survey - List of Tenants in Aghadowey , 1725
Alsop's Survey - List of Tenants in Aghadowey, 1765.
Tithe Applotment Book, Aghadowey, 1833

These will be found at

http://www.public.asu.edu/~atdyw/aghadowey/ag_index.htm

Finally, there are two passenger lists of Irish mercenaries from Co. Cork
who went to Brazil in 1828 to fight for the emperor Dom Pedro I. The
group settled at Taperoa in Bahia, Brazil. The URL is

http://www.public.asu.edu/~atdyw/gen/taperoa.htm

Enjoy!

-- Dan Wilson

This thread: