Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886355081

From: Sarah Brown <>
Subject: Re: LORMORE/POTTS/LYNAS
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 12:44:41 -0500

Charles McFarlane wrote:

> Sarah,
>
> We have Thomas H. Potts married to Margaret Campbell. Their daughter
> Annie Potts married Vernard Wynn, my grandfather. We believe Thomas was
> one of New York's finest. Margaret was from Rathfraggen, County Tyrone.
> Her father was Hugh Campbell married to Jane Kennedy, County Tyrone. Let
> me know if this fits.
>
> Diana

Hi Diana, Here is what I have on my POTTS. Andrew Potts was born in
Ireland around 1829. He married a woman named Ellen LYNAS, who was born
around 1831. They had one child in Ireland, James, b. abt. 1849. They then
migrated to New Kilpartck, Scotland. They had three more children there,
Andrew, Helen, and Margaret. Andrew sr. and his sons were coal miners. Once
again, I actually don't know that they were from N. Ireland. I suspect they
were because I have found refrence to the name LYNAS only in County
Antrim. I would like to be able to discover their birthplaces with more
certainty but, I am having great difficulty. How can I find their
birthplaces? Anyone?
Sara

This thread: