Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886355585

From: <>
Subject: MCSWEENEY/WILLIAMS
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 98 09:53:05 PST

Hi,
I have 3 Scotch-Irish (Irish?) ancestors. MCSWEENEY b. abt 1800 came from Ireland when he was 7. How can I find where he came from in Ireland, how, and where he landed?
WILLIAMS, Bazil b. 1816 lived in Elliott Co., KY also from Ireland, don't know where or when he came. John BOYLE, IRL>PA>KY b. 1796 first record of him is in Greenup Co.,KY 1850.
Can someone help me with how I trace these ancestors back to Ireland? What does the expression Black Irish mean?
Mary

This thread: