Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886358122

From: Les Cavin <>
Subject: CAVIN Family
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 13:35:22 -0500

Hello to All!

I am seeking any information about the CAVIN family of Spartanburg Co.,
SC (or other counties of SC),Gaston Co./Iredell Co./Rowan Co./Alexander
Co/Lincoln Co. area of NC, or elsewhere. I have immediate family living
in the Spartanburg, SC area along with descendants in the Mount Holly,
Taylorsville, Hiddenite, McAdenville, Stanley, Gastonia area of NC. I
would love to have correspondence re. CAVIN's in other areas of NC/SC or
elsewhere.

My g-g-g-Grandfather is ROBERT CAVIN, born around ±1775 (?) in Co.
Cavan, Ireland and immigrated to the US in the late 1700's to early
1800's and settled near Hiddenite, NC (early ±1800?). He was married to
the former Miss SUSAN (SUSIE) HAYNES. Children include: ZIZA GATES
CAVIN, SALLIE CAVIN, WILLIAM H. CAVIN and ROBERT WINSTON CAVIN.

I think that my g-g-g-Grandfather, ROBERT CAVIN, may have entered the US
through PA (BUCKS Co.?) before settling in NC, but I have no proof of
this. Being the stubborn Irishman that he could have been, he probably
swam over from Ireland, for I have yet to locate him or any other of my
CAVIN's on any Ship's Passenger Lists on the Internet. Help!

Please visit my updated Home Page at the NEW URL ADDRESS shown below.

Kindest Regards,

Les Cavin -
Please visit my Home Page at:
http://www.familytreemaker.com/users/c/a/v/Les-D-Cavin-NC/
"Friends: People who know you well, but like you anyway"

This thread: