Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886361985

From: Ernest Tufft <>
Subject: RE: TUFFT IN DOWN, TYRONE
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 12:39:45 -0700

Hello to each of you.

I am brand new to this list and pleased to have found it. My
grandfather, THOMAS TUFFT, emigrated to the USA around 1870, from a
townland by the name of "Drumgold" in Co. Tyrone. His father, DAVID
TUFFT, had moved there from Loughbrickland, Co. Down. The census returns
indicate that he came from Edenderry, Brickland. Does anyone know if
Edenderry is a street, or a place; and if I am correct in assuming that
Brickland is meant to be Loughbrickland. Any help to give me a "feel"
for the area would be appreciated. The family belonged to the Aghaderg
Parish, Co. Down for several generations prior to 1830.

Ernie Tufft in No. California

This thread: