Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886369335

From: linda Merle <>
Subject: Re: Scots Pot Stills?
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 13:42:15 -0800

Hi Colleen

> HOW ABOUT A BIBLIOGRAPHY?
Yes, got the basics -- and you might want to check our webpage....
List website: http://members.aol.com/Manus/ulsterref.html

It'll also be on the web so we can see "see the web! see the web! see
the web!"
Newcomers will really find us obnoxous <grin>.

> WHO KNOWS OF THE POT STILL?
Good question! We have a pot -- a massive iron thing, which I think came
down through our German-irish line. I beleive we were told as children
it was
used by the ancestors who were witches to brew their spells, but we were
told they were white witches. The black witches lived at the other end
of
the village. Don't they always????

My mother keeps pine cones in it.

Linda Merle