Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886399638

From: <>
Subject: Re: Infamous Ancestor?
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 01:07:18 EST

<<
If I got horse theives they aren't telling, but I'm sure there are
a lot. I know a girl in NI who told me her ancestors got thrown out
of Scotland for stealing sheep! Maybe they were just humble border
rievers and stealing whatever was just part of the culture...

I can't put my hands on he URL right now, but if one or more of your
ancestors was on the list of those transported to Austraulia, he or she was in
extremely good company. As I recall, even a few Ulster Scots made the list.

Bill

This thread: