Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886456675

From: <>
Subject: Surname:BRAFFORD/BRAFORD/BRAWFORD
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 16:57:55 EST

Hello to All,

Just subscribed to the list a few days ago and am having a great time reading
everything.

Could really use some help and advice about my BRAFFORD ancestor. His name
was Samuel BRAWFORD and I first find him in Orange County, Virginia in 1740 as
receiving "headlands" and that he was from Ireland.
I next find his will in Agusta County and the name is spelled BRAWFORD,
BRAFFORD, and BRAFORD. Some researchers believe that this is a corruption of
the name BRADFORD, but I have not been able to find his ancestors to verify
this.
Does anyone know if there is an Irish surname that is BRAWFORD or anything
similsr besides BRADFORD.

I would be most grateful for any help or advice that anyone can give.

Bettie from Maryland

This thread: