Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886490956

From: Frank Slaven <>
Subject: Re: Fw: The Irish in America
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 00:29:16 -0700 (MST)

Hi Raymond,
There is a Nancy Nartness\Harkness mentioned in our family history
in Ireland, at this point I am not certain just how it fits, however it
appears that she was in some way associated with a lad named Barnabas who
married an Elizabeth Graham in Ireland, they had two sons while in
Ireland:Barnabas (Jr) and Andrew, they migrated to America about
1791\1792. Oh yes, Counties Antrim and Down are mentioned. Barnabas and
Elizabeth are reported to have used the name of Slaven when emigratiung.
If you can furnish any information about Nancy and her family I
will be most grateful.

Frank - Mesa, Arizona