Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886536516

From: linda Merle <>
Subject: Re: Irish, Scotch Irish in America
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 12:08:36 -0800

Hi, I didn't realize Rose had also posted to the list. To summarize
what I said to her -- we are all free to feel and be whoever we
want and if she doesn't find potato people insulting, that's fine
with me. However I do -- and that should be fine as well. Not
only do I find it derogotory, but in my case -- it is not true.

It's not surprising that if your history fits the mono-view portayed
by this program that you are comfortable with it. The only ones
who would not are the ones who are marginalized by the stereotype.

Regards,

Linda Merle

This thread: