Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886546381

From: Ron Cushman <>
Subject: Re: Problems
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 17:53:01 -0500

Around the software development lab where I once worked, we would call this
"SMOP", - Simply a Matter Of Programming' , which doesn't help us much.

It can be corrected by the sender, not specifying such small text in the
message, and in some email clients, you can also specify on receiving it.
I use Eudora Pro 3.0.5, and made the following change to avoid the problem...

Under the Tools pulldown, select Options, and then select the icon for
'Styled Text'. There is a list of check boxes, for 'When receiving styled
text, pay attention to:'...I just removed the check from size, and all is
well.

Each mail client/program will be different, but you may want to look for a
similar option on yours...

Happy Hunting

At 19:26 98-02-02 -0500, chirho wrote:
>These problems come from folks not changing to regular text in their email,
>and they (the senders) are the only ones who can fix it. When the type is
>tiny I just delete :(
>

>At 08:44 AM 2/2/98 -0800, Bette Kosmolak wrote:
>>I notice this happens to some messages I receive. Can't tell you why
>>though...needs a better techie than I am. Some arrive in small print
>>and others in small print and shaded. Actually, I rather like the
>>variety so it doesn't bother me! Good luck with your solution.
>>Bette
>>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Recently I have noted that the type on my messages changes from the
>usual as
>> ()

This thread: