Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886558766

From: <>
Subject: Re: Stab at a notion of who our ancestors were
Date: 3 Feb 1998 22:19:26 EDT

Linda,
Have you been keeping something from me about Hugh Middleton? After I
spent seventy four cents to mail a letter to Wales.
What else do you have on Old Hugh?
And if he was the ancestor of my Middleton family, he just would have
love my G Grandfather, Benjamin Franklin Middleton. While BF did ok for
himself, his siblings were true hillbillies...stills and all...here in
Appalachia.
Connie
ME>He sees two British folk cultures in the Virginias -- those younger
sons
ME>you mention, as well as exiled Royalists, and, though he did not, early
ME>entepreneurs like Sir Hugh Middleton out making money. Hugh was a middle
ME>class kinda guy whose rise to wealth and fame challenged the old blood
ME>aristocracy, according to Hill.

to: IN:
cc: IN:

This thread: