Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886603324

From: Colleen Eagan <>
Subject: Re: HAGGIS: Recipe for the brave
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 09:42:04 -0500

Bonnie, et al,
YES, HAGGIS is interesting; BLAND, but interesting. I must admit to only a
small taste in Edinburgh years ago with a wee dram to wash it down.
PIPING IN THE HAGGIS...
Our Presbyterian Church held a Scots dinner a few years ago in which the
haggis was piped in quite ceremoniously at the end of the meal. Is this a
true tradition or some affected Americanized version of a Scots tradition?
And why would the haggis be piped in, anyway? Is it because it's dessert
and the end of the meal, the piece 'de resistance, so to speak?

Cheers,

Colleen

This thread: