Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886611270

From: Joseph Fowler< >
Subject: Re: Dancing Celts
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 11:54:30 -0500

What you saw was an informal type of clogging. In my personal opinion it
is related to Irish Clog Dancing( which is what it was called in The US
before RiverDance introduced the name Stepdancing to the US). It has
none of the movements of Scottish dancing that I have seen.It could
have been brought over by the Irish or the Scotch Irish ,both of them
love to dance.Guess what the main dish was at the gathering on the top
of the Blue Ridge Mountains where I first saw clogging? Give up?
Mutton,barbequed and in a stew. Chew on that awhile. Take care,Joe

This thread: