Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886667442

From: Marilyn A Caretti< >
Subject: Re: list levity...
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 00:30:42 -0800

Thought it was She can bake a cherry pie fast as a cat can wink his eye.
Guess different areas learned it different ways, or perhaps it is like a
story that gets passed from one to another and ends up a different story.
I learned it from my dad too.
Marilyn
On Wed, 4 Feb 1998 13:11:53 -0500 (Nancy F. Skidmore)
writes:
>Then theres is
>She can bake a cherry pie but she through it in my eye Sheeeeee's a
>young thang that can not leave her mother.
>Did she take your hat and coat billy boy billy boy did she take your
>hat and coat charming billy?
>Yes she took my hat coat but she fed it to the goat Seeeeeee's a young
>thang that can not leave her mother.
>Learned this at my Dad's knee when he was in a fun mood.
>Nancy Gregory Skidmore searching for:
>Gregory - McGregor - Russell - Rawlins - Decker - Bell mostly from
>Wayne County Ky.
>
>On Tue, 3 Feb 1998 21:58:56 -0500 (Joseph Fowler)
>writes:
>>"he can bake a cherry pie quicker 'an a cat can wink his
>>eye,buuuuuut,he's a young thing an ca'na leave his mither" .Learned
>at
>>my father's knee,who had just enough Flynn in him to think that he
>>could
>>sing.His favorite was "Buffalo gals ainca coming out tonight,and
>dance
>>by the light of the moom" Take care,Joe

>You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. Get
>completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com Or call Juno
>at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

This thread: