Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886693238

From: linda Merle <>
Subject: Re: Fw: The Irish in America
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 07:40:38 -0800

Hi guys, sorry I've not responded -- I gotta go to work too.
But anyway, Edward, one of the things I've noticed about my
family is they did not observe primogeniture. We are lucky
enough to be at the place of origin in the USA -- Western PA,
so my sister has done a lot of work with wills.

I do not know where they picked up the habit -- is it/was
it common for lowlanders to observe primogeniture and was/is
it observed in NI today?

Not trying to fight -- trying to learn here. We were surprised
that ours didn't.

Regards,

Linda Merle

This thread: