Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886705246

From: virginia <>
Subject: RE: Malcolm & Mary
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 13:00:46 -0600

John,
So very well said!!! And so true.
There are no dumb questions-
Just information we have not as yet been exposed to,
Ginny

----------Just remember though, it takes a lot of maturity to
ask dumb questions and they often need to be asked,
because for everyone who asks one, there are 10 other
people who want the same answer but don't have the
nerve to ask.

---Lois/Gene wrote:

> > Get the facts and no "shooting from the hip".
>
> Well said, mate.
>
> Some people enjoy this kind of electronic
fencing...might be the
> blood of our ancestors still coursing through our
veins, aye?

> Trouble is...some of us "lurkers" are a little shy
at making a stab.
> Twould be a shame if those who truly want to learn
something refrain
> from participating on this list simply because they
don't want to ask a
> "stupid question" or make an incorrect statement,
and then receive a
> well-masked (but never-the-less authentic) insult
from a reader who's
> twice as learned on the subject.
>
> I'm in total awe at the knowledge and resources
available from the
> people on this list. To be so knowledgable should
make one feel
> fortunate...not arrogant.
>
> En guard,
> Lois
>
> ...if you have knowledge, let others light their
candle at it.