Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886716358

From: <>
Subject: Re: Fw: The Irish in America
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 17:05:58 EST

I am not sure if your response was tongue in cheek or not :>) but from what
little I know about the McDonald history the MCDonald family were from Antrim
prior to that from Scotland, prior to that from Ireland, and prior to that
from the Celtic stock somewhere on the Europan continent. So it would seem
that it would depend on how far back you want ot look as to whther you are
from Ireland, Scotland, Ireland, or the mainland of Europe.

Then again we all go back to Adam and Eve so if you believe they were in the
area of Egypt then we are all Egyptians.

Unless of course you belive they came from another planet and then we are all
interterrestial aliens.

If religious belief is the criteria I am so confused I don't know what I am,
since I have both Catholic and Church of England ancestors from Ireland who
were known to be there as early as 1610 as evidenced in wills and the like.
Does that make me a non Irish descendant because one wipes out the other?
Just as a side note off thew subject that will was great. When they talk about
cutting someone out of the will they really meant it. There was a section of
it cut out and an addition which stated simply that if the persons "wayward
son who left for parts unknown, possibly another country ever returned he was
not to be given anything. No name was listed and I assume the name was none
of the others listed elsewhere.

Or is it how long you were there? I guess

This thread: