Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886749848

From: Greg & Kathy Hines <>
Subject: McQuary/McQueary
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 01:24:08 -0600

Hoping someone else out there may have some connection to or info on the McQuary clan. I have not done any Scottish research as yet, therefore I know nothing about available records in Scottland.

My earliest McQuary knowledge is of:

William Mc Quary (February 09, 1765 - April 25, 1832) who married Nancy Ann Shepherd (March 08, 1770 - June 12, 1832). Both William and Nancy died in Pulaski Co., KY and the dates are from their gravestones.

According to the book "The Early Settlers of the Reddies River, NC" the McQuarys and Shepherds lived in NC and William McQueary entered a land claim there in 1779. John McQuery is shown on the 1784 Wilkes Co, NC, USA tax list alone. William McQuerry and John McQuerry are both shown on the Wilkes Co., District 6, tax list for 1787.

Any info about McQuary or Shepherd is most welcome.

Best Regards,
Kathy Hines
Minneapolis, MN

This thread: