Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886754808

From: Stan McConnell <>
Subject: Re: (1) Knox on ... Knox off; (2) RE: Malcolm & Mary
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 00:46:48 -0800

Edward Andrews wrote:

I don't think that John Giacoletti likes John Knox. He might
actually have done quite well as a TV Evangelist. :-)
Edward

But John Carpenter wrote:

The idea of John Knox as a tv evangelist is kind of
scary. Hope he'd have been more like Billy Graham
and less like Pat Robertson.

Now I have to ask, because Edward's message was kind of ambiguous - which
'John' was he referring to? ;->

--------------------------------

Re: ----------Just remember though, it takes a lot of maturity to
ask dumb questions and they often need to be asked,
because for everyone who asks one, there are 10 other
people who want the same answer but don't have the
nerve to ask.

If you can get past the circumlocution, I always liked this quote from "The
Blithedale Romance" by Nathaniel Hawthorne:

"The greatest obstacle to being heroic
is the doubt whether one may not be going to prove one's self a fool;

"The truest heroism
is to resist that doubt;

"and the puofoundest wisdom,
to know when it ought to be resisted,