Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886782709

From: linda Merle <>
Subject: Re: View of Scotland
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 08:31:49 -0800

Dear Dave,

We can assist here with thehistory of Scotland -- but there is also
a new list for Scottish genealogy. It has a lot of people who are
not here. You might also check with them. The list is Scotland-genweb-l.

> Are there records this I might be able to get church Information
> (marriages, deaths) from this era? There is no information in my book
> before 1650.

I would begin here:
Here's the website for the BIFHS: http://www.rootsweb.com/~bifhsusa/
because they ID records and they ID where they are. You can also
get into sassines and such. Many of these are in Latin. You can
get many Scots records on film at LDS. Again the website above is
your best guide for what exists and where it might be -- that I've
found.

Good luck!

Linda Merle

This thread: