Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886790352

From: Kathy Bates <>
Subject: Re: "The Sight"
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 14:39:12 -0400

from what my great-grandmother Archibald tells me, this was "passed from
female to female" in our family (now, i'm not sure if this is really true
or not.) I've had many strange "sights" as had my sister. it's basically
an ESP type of thing; knowing things before they happen, that type of
thing. my folks were always amazed at the two of us, kind of freaky in a
way. My g-grandma always just smiled when my mother would tell her of
events my sis or I would bring to her attention before they happened. i
try not to think too much about this "gift" unless something really
upsetting happens. that's happened twice in my life. the latest of these
was a few years ago, i laid in bed one early morning in a half sleep phase.
i dreamt of my daughter, then 8 years old, getting narrowly missed by a car
coming home from school. i awoke shaking and crying. 3 weeks later, her
friend and friend's grandmother were hit by an older gentleman coming home
from school. the grandmother was killed, the friend is still having motor
skill problems 7 years later (she was 18 months in a children's hospital),
and my daughter and another boy walking with the friend and grandmother
were grazed by the car with minor scrapes and broken leg. i try never to
think of these "sights" too much since that time and have had tremendous
sleep deficit problems because of it.
i'm sorry i rambled. just hit home. hope i answered your question.
*kathy

This thread: