Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886808883

From: rick wiley <>
Subject: Wiley research
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 17:48:03 -0600

Hi--
I am researching the Wiley surname out of Ireland. I also am not afraid
to ask stupid questions. I do not know the names of my ancestors in
Ireland (convienant, huh) but I think they may have came over in the
early 1700's. My oldest known ancestor is Samuel Wiley. He was
born,1757, in Cecil Co., Maryland. Would a ship have landed close to
there? I find it hard to believe that they would have landed in Boston
or South Carolina, moved to Maryland and then started to migrate west.
From what we tracked they Wiley family migrated from Maryland to
southern Iowa, which is a fairly straight shot. Is anyone else working
on the Wiley family or know of someone who is? Any info on a ship? The
only Wiley names on a ship were listed on the Brig William in 1766. To
late. I thank you for your help. Great bar joke, whoever sent it.

Rick Wiley

This thread: