Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886833531

From: <>
Subject: JOHN WRIGHT
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 01:38:51 EST

Don't know how to establish my gggrandfather's identity before he came to the
US. What I do know is that he was born in 1839 in No. Ireland and was
Protestant. I can find him in NYC in 1860 census after he had married a wife
who was born in New York. Don't know her heritage.
Is there a particular area of No. Ireland where the Wrights seemed to be? Or
any suggestions how to direct a search. Did not find him listed in "Irish To
America". Is his heritage likely to be lost among the Famine Immigrants?
Evy Wright

This thread: