Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886835913

From: virginia <>
Subject: RE: the Irish question
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 01:18:33 -0600

Hi Nancy, Linda, et al,
Now I sure everyone else but me has done this twentyfold.....bit...last week in OK and KS
I made a pest of myself at every funeral home in the area that just <might> have buried any of my Scots, Bingo! Did real well. OK-the funeral info forms ,almost always, state
who bought and paid for the monument, and who inscribed and set it.

Along w/all the other info that I was looking for and found on these forms.
Monuments were quite expensive, even then, so if they did inscribe shamrocks it cost those
"friends"
Ginny
> The shamrocks say to me that William Lindsay was considered
> to be an Irishman and must have considered himself to be so too.

I donno -- he mighta hated anyting Irish and his friends pulled
a little last joke on him!!

This thread: