Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886861865

From: <>
Subject: Re: Tony Blair
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 09:31:05 EST

Gordon-

Yes, I know it has been a big problem for a long time. I have been "aware" of
the situation in NI for 30 years myself. As a child I never could figure why
people would destroy their own town. How complex life becomes when the rose
colored glasses of youth are removed.

As to Blair's capablilities... President Jimmy Carter brought Anwar Sadat and
Menachim Begin (?sp on both names) together. Carter was much heralded for the
Camp David Accords. At the time (as an adult), I thought anyone could've
brought that deal together considering the individuals involved. Both men
wanted peace. Both men were great negotiators and eloquent statesmen. As
time has gone on, I see that my assessment was not correct. President Carter
has definite abilities in and a style for the art of negotiation that most
people do not possess. Quite possibly another man as President of the USA
could not have accomplished the same feat.

I believe God puts the right people in the right places at the right time. Is
Blair one of those?,... I don't know. I guess the world will see.

Thanks for your comments
Sharon

This thread: