Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886871224

From: Diane Smith <>
Subject: Re: MCILVEEN, N. Ire>SC, 1700's.
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 1998 09:07:04 -0800

From the "House of Grimmet" by William Ordway:
Page 682

John McIlveen m. Jane Munn daughter b. 1872 Washington Cty, OH

thomas McIlveen b.1820 Donaghadee Ireland d. 1881 Huron Ontario Canada
m.Ann Jane Lundy - six children listed

Alexander McIlveen m. Jane Morrow (location not listed) daughter Janet b
1792 Drumbo, Ireland d. 1849 Scotland m. Joseph Henderson b.1798 Down Cty,
Ireland d. 1875 - 4 children listed - some at least end up in New
Kilpatrick SC before going across the US plains c.1856

McIlveen mariages in SC
Henry McIlveen to Sarah McCall Nov. 29, 1810 Sumter Cty, SC
Susanna McIlveen to John Douglas McNeil 1852 Sumter Cty, SC

South Carolina families - page 683
Margaret McElwayne 16 Nov 1745 SC to John Thomas both die Shiloh, IL

Mary E. McElwayne 30 Mar 1736 d. 1836 Jacksonville, IL m. James Jordon b.
Carlisle, PA d. 1835 Jacksonville, IL

John Sturgis Mackilvean m. Sarah Caswell 1779 Dobbs SC

At 10:10 AM 2/7/98 EST, wrote:
>Hello David.....
> One of my ancestors, William MCILVEEN (also spelled McElveen) lived in
>Williamsburg County, South Carolina, 1700's (Jefferies Creek). His will was
>not dated but was proven January 19, 1807. He mentions his wife Margaret;
his
>sons, William, James, Henry, and Thomas; his daughters, Mary Ann, Margaret,
>and Jane (my line); and his daughter-in-law, Eleanor Matthews and her son,
>John. Executors, William and James MCELVEEN, William James COOPER, and
Robert
>GREGG. Appraisement made by John JAMES, Samuel SCOTT, and Benjamin BRITTON.
> William MCILVEEN was in South Carolina by at least 1770....and served in
>the militia during the American Revolution under Capts. John Armstrong, John
>Wilson, John Nelson, Lt. Col. James, Col. Richard Richardson and Gen.
Francis
>Marion. His father may have been John MCILVEEN, who arrived in South
Carolina
>between 1735-1737, and witnessed the will of Henry MONTGOMERY in 1769 along
>with Alexander MCREA, and William MCCULLOUGH. William's daughter Jane
>MCILVEEN, 1775-1852, married William GREGG, 1770-1816, whose father John
>GREGG, 1732-1775, of Londonderry and later Belfast..arrived in Williamsburg,
>South Carolina by at least 1752.
> David...any information you may have on possible connections to your
>MCILVEENs in Antrim would be wonderful.....
>
>Regards,
>Warren Wilkinson

Diane Smith http://www.halcyon.com/dianes
Seattle, WA
Foundation for Educational Choice - http://www.halcyon.com/maywood
Kidlink KIDPROJ Assistant - http://www.kidlink.org/
ICQ UIN# 5116738
Researching Clark,Paxton,McIlvaine,Campbell,Morrow,Morrison