Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886879030

From: Brian< >
Subject: BROWNs from NIR to DNB: 1860s
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 12:17:10 -0700

I am looking for a BROWN family that emigrated from N. Ireland (perhaps
Belfast area) to Dumbartonshire about the 1860-1890 range. I have a Mary
BROWN ( (b.c. 1840 NIR) of Bonhill, DNB, who married William WAUGH 1860 in
Bonhill. The family of WAUGHs or BROWNs remained in the Bonhill to Renton
area until at least 1916. Many of the Waughs and Browns emigrated to
Canada and the USA throughout those years. Other Brown names that keep
popping up are Bella, Jane, James, Charles. Mary Brown Waugh died in 1916
at the residence of her nephew, James Brown of 7 Thimble Street, Renton.

This thread: