Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886889977

From: Carl Backers <>
Subject: Re: Rootsweb El Nino Siege Continues.....
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 1998 14:19:37 -0800

wrote:

> if it's of any help, us Northern Californians are supposed to get the brunt of
> the next storm.....hopefully it will smooth out by the time it gets South and
> you wonderful Root mothers can get some rest.....
>
> take care and keep your spirits and your sandbags up Cali's
> we're loonies according to the rest of the world be WE know we're tuff
> Catherine
Northern Calif. IS getting the brunt of this storm. We left San Jose to
come back home East of Sacramento to the foothills of the Sierras. We
were driving a 36' motorhome towing a Honda trying desparately to get to
HOME SWEET HOME. Rain hit our windshield like bullets and the gusts of
wind were trying to send us into the next lane. my poor husband had to
lock his arms to the steering wheel and at times drove 30 mph. Flooding
is all over and around us with levees in the lowlands developing leaks
but we are high and dry. Most thankful to get home safe and sound. I
sure hope you get the southern part of the state calmed down for us in
two weeks when we will be there.
connie Backers

This thread: