Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886892161

From: "Jo Ann T. Wright" <>
Subject: Re: JOHN WRIGHT
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 17:56:01 -0500

Evy,

Wow....there are a lot of John Wright's!

I also have a John Wright who I can not establish. This John Wright is my great grandfather. He was born in 1884 (do not know where) and died in 1958 in Herkimer County, NY. We do not know much about him at all. He supposedly married an Indian princess (we do have a picture of her) but do not know her name.

We do know of two of their children: Glen Sarijah Wright who is my fathers' (David John Wright) father. The other son with the nickname "Curly", we do not know his real name.

I feel bad because with out knowing anything else we can not trace him. My father only met John once--which was right before he died. I believe he lived in Florida for a little while and then moved to the Cherry Valley in NY later on in his life. What I do have on him is from word of mouth and am not weighing too heavy on that information. I wish I did know more so I could help you out but.....as you can see I do not have much.

Good Luck! If I see or find anything on a John Wright that relates to yours I will let you know OK.

Jo Ann Wright

This thread: