Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886906054

From: Carl Backers <>
Subject: Re: "The Sight"
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 1998 18:47:34 -0800

Kathy Bates wrote:

> Thank you for this response, Connie. Yes, i do think of it as a gift, but
> am still very scared of it. I also have feelings of "evil presence" as
> another person on this list mentioned. the hair goes up on the back of my
> neck and i have tingling in my fingers when i sense someone or something
> that wants to do harm, like the guy who tried to mug me last fall. i could
> tell there was soemthing not quite right nearby before he came lunging out.
> weird. it's funny, my son is starting to talk to me about these feelings
> he has. and it's passed on down the ages still.....
> all my best,
> *kathy
> >with reverence. All of us women are given the gift of intuition but
> >those with SECOND SIGHT, it is even more pronounced. Women should
> >always listen to their intuition, that small still voice within them
> >that speaks. It always wants us to do the right thing.
> >
> >Connie Backer, No. Calif.

Kathy,

THE SIGHT indicating when you may be in danger is NOT evil. Like I
said it is a gift. I have been in places or around certain people that
I get either evil or negative vibes and I pay attention to my "feelings"
and get the heck away from the place or the person immediately. It
could be even scarier if you had not been warned ahead of time. I always
look at a person's eyes and you can see beyond the eyes that the person
has a soul but if you cannot see beyond their eyes, I call them DEAD
EYES, then the hair on the back of my neck goes up and I am on immediate
guard. This really is a difficult thing to describe especially to those
who have not or do not have this sense. They think you are weird but if
it saves my body and soul, I do not care what they think. Like I say,
always keep in mind that this is a gift from God and use it only as such
and with reverence. Do you also experience trememdous heat in your
hands as I do? I have discovered that I can sense or feel someone's
discomfort or pain and if it is someone I know, I ask if I can lay hands
on them to help them feel better or to heal. They feel the trememdous
heat and tingling in my hands. Who am I to question that which has been
given to me. It is kind of interesting, tho, that my prime chosen
prfession was nursing and I worked many years as an RN, loving it. Then
I received a back injury that ended my cherished profession. Slowly, I
became aware of the heat in my hands esp. when in church. My husband
could not stand to hold my hand because of it. I told another nurse
friend of this and that I did not understand what was happening to me
and that I was fearful. Her wise comment was "God does not close a door
without opening another one." After that and also discussing this with
my priest, I felt better about the whole thing. I wish I had had the
chance to know about my ancestors other than the fact that they were
born on a certain date, married and died on a certain date. I would
like to know if any of them has this SIGHT.

Connie Backers, No. Calif.

This thread: