Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886909156

From: Sam McMurtry <>
Subject: Re: JOHN WRIGHT
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 1998 14:39:16 +1100

Evy Wright wrote..

"Don't know how to establish my gggrandfather's identity before he came
to the US. What I do know is that he was born in 1839 in No. Ireland and
was
Protestant. I can find him in NYC in 1860 census after he had married a
wife
who was born in New York. Don't know her heritage.
Is there a particular area of No. Ireland where the Wrights seemed to
be? Or
any suggestions how to direct a search. Did not find him listed in
"Irish To
America". Is his heritage likely to be lost among the Famine Immigrants?
Evy Wright"

I have an ancestor who married a Robert Wright in 1855 in Islandmagee,
near Larne in 1855 so there were Wrights in eastern Antrim then.

The family story is that Robert Wright and his family emigrated to
Australia but I have not been able to find any evidence of that so far.

Sam McMurtry

This thread: