Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886909461

From: "Renee C. Greene" <>
Subject: Re: Fw: The Irish in America
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 22:44:21 -0500 (EST)

Thanks for the compliment, but my attitude and sense of humor seems
to have come naturally. EXPRESSING it came with age. (snapping
suspenders)

I have 9 (NINE) Hendry databases (gedcom files, dbs, cocktail napkins)
representing 8 (eight) HENDRYs who came to the US and Canada in waves
from 1670s thru 1900.

ONE of the databases stems from a THOMAS HENDRY who was born 1721
(so says DAR) in Northern Ireland and came to the US abt 1740/1. This
group of Hendrys is the reason I joined this list. (I STAYED 'cause I
LOVE it)

We noticed an allied family, HARPER, and are presently exploring HARPERs
in NI - as well as Hendrys, trying to 'prove' a solid link to NI.
It seems to be a burning desire of one of the US Hendrys I've been
working with.

By the way, one of the stronger allied families in the U.S. to the
NI Hendry group is ORR. (looking over glasses at Rev. ORR) hee hee.

So... we search...

Yes, I'm also working on the other databases. So I've been plundering
and looting the Scottish records. Yes to LDS library. Yes, to combing
the Internet. yes to passenger lists (found some GOODIES in there) -
etc.

Basically, ANY Hendry is important to me.

And the beat goes on... (Smile)

Renee Collins-Greene
Email:
(954) 473-2071 Fax: (954) 473-1586