Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886911264

From: linda Merle <>
Subject: Re: founder of KKK
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 1998 20:14:24 -0800

I'm really touched by how we are discussing this without rancor. I'm
learning a lot too. It's easy, gee, not to forget, but to never know
because the country is so big, just how divided it has been in the
past.

What Joan says here is so important:

> There. I have spoken out loud and clear. Without fear of reprisals, and even
> if thata fear existed, I would still speak out. My country right or wrong?
> Hardly. My country, warts and all, I love. But I donot hesitate to criticize.

I especially love "My country, warts and all"!

Linda Merle

This thread: