Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886924169

From: HettrickHill <>
Subject: Choctaws & the Famine
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 1998 00:49:29 -0700

>Aaron Orr wrote:

>It's noteworthy that the Choctaws' generosity has been conveniently >omitted from the realms of world history. What a glaring shame!

>Aaron

Shoot, I keep waiting for someone with more brain cells operating than I
have to post the story of the Choctaws and the Potato Famine. Now it occurs
to me that the discussion must have been on another list.

What I remember is that the reason the Choctaws were so affected by the
Great Famine was that they had a great deal of Irish blood. They were
sending relief to their cousins.

Diane Hettrick

This thread: