Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886968748

From: virginia <>
Subject: RE: REID's in Lanarkshire
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 14:12:28 -0600

Hi Erland,
I'm finding three maternal GGgrandma's surnames for my Wm., Marg., Mary etc.
The first names are all Mary. One is MILLER.
Her hb. is listed as James REID.
In KS. last wk. I heard the story of this GGgrnma drowning at sea when she"fell in/or thru' a hatch"
The thing that lended some credence was the same story came from 2 branches that had
not known of each other, until I brought to them the branch I had. HMMM?

I have a good map and the maps on Internet, so is Falkirk in Lanarkshire?

I got some good info from the funeral homes forms, a place I'd forgotten to search.
I'll keep this in my file and stay in touch w/you.
Do you have downline info on James REID? Moved to??

I've posted to several James REID's in Lanarkshire area--gotten nice replies but no connections--
so far.
I'll keep this to add to and we'll stay in touch.
----------> My search is for REID's------born in Lanarkshire--maybe-some records say so.
> #1.What did the REID name mean? Or what was it ages ago? Lots of 'em I know.

I also am looking for REID connections. I Show a Janet REID, b. 1790 in
Falkirk, and her father, James, and Mother, Mary WATSON. I'm interested
in verifying the info I have and finding more ancestors, of course.

Erland F. Russell
POB 3053
Redmond WA 98073-3053

This thread: