Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0886980238

From: William E. Lynch< >
Subject: Re: Fw: The Irish in America
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 18:23:58 -0500 (EST)

>From: "roland elliott" <>
>Subject: Re: Fw: The Irish in America
>Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 11:34:47 -0800
I'm with you Roland, but have to add this due to my situation...I have so
many nationalities in my past that it would take too many hyphens either
before or after American...but I'm happy to write I am an American of many
descents and happy to include all of them, if neccessary. Lots of us are of
what has been called the Heinz 57 variety..Heinz being a brand of canned
soup in the states at one time. Think they're out of business now. Their
advertisements emphasized their 57 different kinds of soup, etc. So, I, for
one am glad to be among the many Americans who are real mongrels. One fact I
do know is that people like me are proof that along the way in the past many
individuals of two different nationalities met, married and begot many of us
living now. I think most of us are thankful they were able to "get along"
that well.<BG>...

Bye for now...Joan from near the coast of NJ which also is cleaning up after
another NorEaster..with one forcasted as being on the way. Not as bad as
California though...at least I don't think so.

Roland said:
>HOW ABOUT JUST PLAIN AMERICAN OF WHAT EVER DESCENT??????????????

>To: <>
>Date: Sunday, February 08, 1998 11 31
>Subject: Re: Fw: The Irish in America
>

>.