Scotch-Irish-L Archives

Archiver > Scotch-Irish > 1998-02 > 0887022667

From: "sarahsod" <>
Subject: Clark Letter
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 11:11:07 +0000

In the hope that it may be helpful to someone, below is the first
written record of this branch of my family. A note on the back of
the framed letter states: "Dunmurry is a village of Ireland, County
of Antrim, on the Blenwater, 4.5 miles S. by W. of Belfast. (I have
copied it exactly as it reads).

It is address: To Mr John Clark In Baltimore County, To be Left with
Leaven Dannors in Summerset County Maryland

Dunmury March the 11th 1713/14

Dear Son,

We have received two Letters the first Bearing deat Agest of 28th
and the Last Sept 20th, which is no Little Comfort unto us in hearing
you are yet alive. our Constant Prayers is that the almighty would
Bless and preserve your and have you in his Eternal Protection.

We are all in good helth blesed be God for it wishing To have in
Like maner from you; Dear John, it would be the greatest Comfort of
any thing in this world to us, in Seeing you; which we loving very
much for, hoping you will think of Coming home now; it being Peace.
we hered from your Unckel John about two mounths agow from Leverpole,
he writs to us, that he hes write to you Sevrel times, but Cane
neaver have an answer. Your Uncle Eckles is dead about a mounth
agoe. your Brother and Sister Byers is in good helth and Desiers to
be remembered unto you, he hes write sevrel times to you, his Last to
you was about six weeks agoe. Your Grand-mother is well and desires
to be remembred to you, your Sister marcy is in good helth and
disiers to be remembred unto you. this is all --- ---- from your
Loveing Parents till Death

Thomas Clark

The Revrend Mr John Malcome desires to be remembered to you Lickwise
Left James Harreyton and his famely. John Stewart and his famely but
more Pertienlerly his Son Iain: Thomas Parker and his faimely and
all the rest of your ould nightbors.

- -- - - - - - - -
John CLARK was the father of

Annabella CLARK (1739 - 1808) m 1766 James Ishom BAKER (1744-1835)
their daughter
Hannah BAKER (1770-1821) m 1791 Robert FISHER (1766-1824)
their son
James Ishom FISHER(1798-1877) m 1832 Sophia Mary Parham Moxley
(1808 - 1893)
their son
Richard Douglas FISHER (1834-1910) m 1862 MargaretWINCHESTER
(1833-1912)
their daughter
Mary Moxley FISHER (1865 - 1942) m 1892 James Sproat GREEN
(1864-1936)
their son
Richard Douglass Fisher GREEN (1901-1974) m 1930
Margaret Leverich WEBSTER
(1906-1986)
their daughter
Sarah Green Soderlund (ME)

Can anyone explain to me what the Peace refers to in the second
paragraph?

This thread: